Saturday, May 31, 2008

Birthday celebrations!

As I reflect on my birthday just days ago, I can't help but think about the other 25 birthdays I have had as well. I must say I missed having a family celebration with enchilada casserole and spice cake and being surrounded by family...but be assured, I had fantastic day.
The day began at 5:03 am when I woke up frantically. I was supposed to pick up Mary at 5, so I was already late. We made our way down to Kings Park Stadium and ran a 10K race. It was fantastic! The route went right alone the waterfront and the sun was still rising over the ocean. Amazing! We ran a great race, 6 minute kilometers.
For the main celebration, Anna and Drew prepared a Mexican Fiesta! complete with homemade corn tortillas, guacamole, salsa, beans and rice. There were about 15 people who came to have a good time and celebrate life. 'Happy Birthday' was sung in at least 7 different languages. It was fantastic and very special.
Huge thanks to all you, my family and friends for your warm thoughts and love. I definitely felt special by all your e-cards and phone calls. (I have pictures that I will post soon)

No comments: