Thursday, May 8, 2008

God is good- all the time

I received a phone call from my bank about 9:45 this morning informing me that my wallet had been lost. My only response was, thank you for informing me. It wasn’t until this call that I started to think... hmm, true, I did not see it in my bag this morning. I was carrying 3 bags yesterday, so I assumed it had to be in one of the others. It was not. It had escaped my purse last night at the shopping center. A kind couple picked it up and went immediately to my bank to put a stop on my debit card and had the bank notify me of my wallet’s whereabouts. They returned it with all the cash, debit card, my CA driver’s license and the USPS stamps. It was incredible! In a country that speaks so frequently of theft and lack of hope for humanity- here is proof that not all is what it seems. Proof that there are truly so many good people around who desire to live the best and fullest life possible.

Other highlights of this particularly astounding day include:
- Safe keeping from an almost accident. I was within inches of hitting a couple who turned right in front of me. Whew!
- Finally having my registration and school paperwork completely taken care of (good thing it’s only May!)
- A super delicious eggplant curry for lunch and fantastic friends to eat with.
- A great pastor who is willing to take moments out of busy busy day to talk
- Real tortilla chips! chapstick and gum arrived with several other goodies- THANKS MOM!
- Good conversation over tea at Mugg & Bean
- Prospects of a great weekend!

1 comment:

Forest Fisk said...

Praise the Lord! I'm glad happy things like this happen.
-Forest Fisk